The microfinance landscape is rapidly changing. Portfolio growth, product diversification and institutional transformation are increasing its complexity. To manage this change effectively, Microfinance Institutions (MFIs) must adapt their governance structures.
The WMFG is bringing together leading European investors with two MFIs that have undergone major governance changes. Specific questions to our panel will include: What has determined these MFIs' success? How will their structure help them stave off crises such as those recently witnessed in the banking sector? How have investors helped manage similar risks in microfinance? What is the role of banks, Microfinance Investment Vehicles (MIVs) and institutional investors in MFI governance?
Our panelists include:
- Carlos Danel, Executive Vice-President and Co-founder, CompartamosBanco, Mexico - listed MFI
- Sajeev Viswanathan, CEO of Bhartiya Samruddhi, flagship company of the Basix Group, India - a livelihood promotion institution
- Guy Rosa, Deputy Head of Microfinance Group, BNP Paribas, France - large bank
- Klaus Tischhauser, Managing Director, ResponsAbility, Switzerland - social investment company
- Ernst Brugger, Chairman, Blue Orchard, Switzerland - microfinance investment manager
The discussion will be mediated by Bernd Balkenhol, Director of Social Finance at the ILO.Registration ...
World Microfinance Forum Geneva
106, Route de Ferney